Regardless of what everyone likes to say, real estate is not and never has been a team sport! Not at the “agent” level anyway – where we were all trained. But now we are “Brokers” with an entire office to manage and we can’t do it alone. Now we do need a team, and that team is our staff. The brokerage model as well as staffing requirements, roles, and real estate office management have changed quite a bit over the years and in this two part video, we delve into the differing staff roles and organizational structure of a modern profitable brokerage.
- 00:46 – The reality – you only need two staff members to run an office up to 200 agents.
- 00:58 – Get rid of the receptionist – or at least the old concept of one. Faxes and switchboards are archaic. It’s not how it’s done.
- 01:40 – Replace them with an OA – Office Administrator – the dragon at the gate. They do file compliance, reporting issues and more on this in another video.
- 03:07 – Are you going to be a self-managed office or hire a full time manager. HINT: Self managed offices are a problem for a lot of reasons. Do you want a vacation? What do you want to spend your time on? TRUST us – Office Managers are the way to go!
DO THE MATH: Manager is $30K/year to start, plus bonuses based on production,
1 100K commissioned deal per month covers your manager. How long does it take to do that type of deal?
160 hours/month the manager should be working full time.
- 05:25 – If you are the top producer, you are a horrible manager.
Do you have additional questions on this topic or want us to start a new discussion for FREE Broker School? Join the #freebrokerschool conversation – Leave your comments right here on our blog and continue the conversation. We want you to have any real estate tools you need at your disposal.
FREE BROKER SCHOOL – “Everything you need to know, but no one else will ever teach you!”
Free Broker School and RIO Genesis are part of RIO Genesis Software Solutions, the industry’s premier Real Estate Brokerage Software.
FreeBrokerSchool.com is a resource to give brokers the advantage in running their offices. Hey – they know how to sell properties well, but they don’t always know all of the ins and outs of running a successful real estate brokerage. These videos are designed to give you the inside scoop from industry leader and success tornado, Mike Krein. You can’t take notes fast enough when he starts giving tips. These videos allow you to watch one nugget topic at a time, digest it and implement it to add to your success.
Subscribe to ALL episodes that will include the PDF presentations, as well. It’s free. It’s https://dev.freebrokerschool.com
Learn more about RIOGenesis Software.